Friday, August 14, 2009

What do you call a striped kitten on a striped rug?

Purrcy has been meowing at me since the loss of Lucy. I took that to mean he was lonely and wanted another fur baby in the house. My hubby also wanted another cat so I checked out all the animal rescue groups but didn't find a kitten that met my list of requirements. I think I'm still too sad about Lucy to really want another cat in the house.
This morning I was checking Craig's list (because I like looking at all the kitten pictures) and saw a posting for a little female kitten. We went over this afternoon to visit and ended up coming home with, well we don't have a name for her yet. I thought I would post a blog contest to help us pick a name. She does have a dozen or so black spots on her tummy and interesting stripes on her back but she doesn't sit still long enough for me to get good shot. So help us out with some suggestions on what we should call her. Prizes awarded to the winning name.

14 comments:

Debbie said...

Ethel, in honor of Lucy?

Mo said...

Look at your photo..it looks like your new little gal has a heart on her side. Brian is working on a name for her. That could be dangerous!

Unknown said...

She is adorable!!!! Tigger is way too obvious, but I kinda like Ethel too! Can I split the prize with Debbie??

M!ssPr!ssy said...

How about "Dot". Kind spoof on the stripe thing

Lisa said...

Darcy or something with "y"/"ie" on the end
Cats respond to the "E" sound more;)

Congrats on the new kitty.

Alicia said...

How about Spigles (mix of spots and stripes)?

BlessedinTexas said...

Aww...she is so so cute....love her color and your blog!!

I think you should name her Zella, my dd came up with this and or Bella...I love it!!!

Lisa K said...

What a precious Angel! How lucky she has joined your family.

How about Licorice? Sweet Pea? Jelly (Bean) Belly?

Debbie said...

Or Julia after the star of your favorite childhood show!

DeniseB said...

I thought of Tillie (or Tilly) when I saw her pic. Not sure why it popped into my head.
She is a cutie!
So sorry about your loss of Lucy.

Carol N said...

Love your new baby - She looks like a Matte - short for Matilda - so appropriate for your Flat Fish Paper Arts. Give it some thought - when I first got my Abby, she was fresh from being neutered - very quiet and subdued and I thought she need a very proper name as Abigail - for the Adams lady - little did I know when she finally came out of under the influence of the drugs she would be less inhibited and very much an Abba-Dabba-Do gal!

Carol N

Lasting Treasures by Carol Kennedy said...

If she has dots on her tummy than what about Polkie for Polka Dots? Or Dottie, as Dot sounds like a name for an older gal. What happened to "I'm never getting another cat"? She is a cutie pie. You're a good Mom.

Carol K.

knag said...

What an adorable little kitty! The markings on her side remind me of doodle drawings...how about "Doodle"? or "Kitten Kaboodle"? In any case, enjoy your new fur baby!

toners said...

Ohhhhhh, what a CUTIE!! A new kitten can be a huge help :)