Saturday, August 8, 2009

More Auction Finds

Not a lot of creative work being done in my studio right now. The summer months are always slow for classes and I'm still tagging all the stuff I got from My Little Shoe Box.
It is peak season to be at the auction houses. Many of the dealers have big weekend shows or are out of town so you can pick up some great deals. On Thursday I found this small cabinet at the auction in Santa Cruz in the junk lots. I think it would make a great little shrine for those alter art artist type.
The fish in the background was also a great auction find a few years ago. What makes it special (in my world) is that it's a water feature highlighting rock cod (common fish found around here) and not salmon or wide mouth bass. The same artist also did a large wall display for the Monterey Bay Aquarium with these fish. At some point when I remodel my backyard, the fish will be more intergrated into the landscaping.

No comments: