Sunday, August 2, 2009

Busy weekend

I'm still helping my daughter move into her new apartment in San Francisco. Saturday, starting a 6:00 am, we packed up my car and headed to the City. Evan's new bed was being delivered at 8:00. After many trips up and down a flight of stairs and watching in amazement as one guy carry up the new bed up a very steep flight of stairs, we headed off to Ikea. Three hours later (and some very creative packing) we head back to the apartment with a head and foot board,bed frame, large dresser (two large boxes), butcher block table, several curtains, rods, mirror, plants, lamp shades and various other "must have" household items. It was amazing what my little car could hold. Once we unloaded everything and moved the car (finding parking is not easy on Russian Hill) we discovered that one boxes for the dresser was the wrong color! Small melt down then back down the stairs, into the car and off to Ikea again. So after trips to Ikea (2x), Home Depot, Target and dinner, I finally made it back home at 7:30 pm. Hubby went abalone diving (on Saturday) so today, he's on deck to help install curtain rods, build cabinets and cook at the new apartment. My next project is to make this way cool 36"X 36"type writer key wall hanging. Here's the link to Susie Harris's blog, where she did a great tutorial on how to make a your own Pottery Barn art piece on the cheap. http://susieharris.blogspot.com/2009/07/inspirationpass-it-on.html

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Phew - I'm pooped after reading all that. I think I'll go have a rum-n-coke to recuperate........& go check out the link for that nifty wall hanging!!!

toners said...

That wall hanging is beautiful!! Wow!

What a busy weekend you've had...good for you being such supportive parents! :)