Friday, January 25, 2008

Kimono Card

This is the start of my new Asian card design class. I had a custom die made from AccuCut and thought I would make a quick card just to see how well it cut washi paper - which can be difficult at times.
A few days ago I got out my alcohol inks and made several background sheets, which I then put a thin layer of medium gel over. As I started to cut them up, I thought they would make a great background for the kimono. It has a handmade paper look and shows off the washi paper kimono really well.
I don't have a date yet for the class since I still have to make the samples at least three more cards. I have them designed and they are waiting to be put together.

2 comments:

toners said...

What fun! This is great!

Sues said...

This is very cool! What great techniques!