Monday, January 14, 2008

C.J. - 2008


I'm in a Circle Journal group that has been together for over 3 years now! We call ourselves "C.J. Survivors" not because of some deadly illness, but because we have all been involved in some horrible C.J. groups. It wasn't because the creative talent was bad but some of the people in the group were. There would be those who would collect (for lack of a better term) journals and never return them. They would then drop out of sight and never be heard from again. Seeing a diamond in the rough our group leader ( Ms. Whip Cracker) Patty decided to send out invitations to those who followed the rules of C.J. trading and so started our group.
My theme for this year's 2008 C.J. is "The Adventures of Ms. C.J.", sort of a take off on the Flat Stanley story kid's are assigned in school. I knew what I wanted to do for my C.J. for months but one day all the parts just came together. I found the doll (made by a local artist) that just screamed pick me pick me!!! She has fiber hair (I love to shop for interesting yarn but I only know how to knit scarves), has a small crown on her head and has butterfly wings, because she's more a free spirit than an angel. The best part was she is holding a cat! Ms. C.J. (each person will give her a new name starting with the letters C and J) will be traveling around the country so I made up a little suitcase (which I had in my stash of stuff and by luck the doll fit in) for her travels.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot wait to get this in my hands. Maybe I'll have to be the first ever "flaker" and keep it!! JK - this is just too cool!

Sues said...

This is the best! I love your idea! I cannot wait to get your CJ! I'm so lucky to have joined such a talented group!!