Monday, March 4, 2024

New addition to my art collection

This ink and water color painting was one of the things I picked up at the Last Chance Mercantile in Monterey.  It's a very nice snap shot of what Monterey must have been like back in the day. Alma Cantrell was a very prolific local artist.  Dozens of her paintings and collages were donated to the thrift store. All I know about her is that she lived in Monterey because some of the paintings had her address on the back. 
All of her artwork was covered with a lot of dirt and grime so I can only guess everything was stored away for years. I really inspected it carefully to make sure I would be able to clean the glass and the artwork wasn't damaged. It just has a few small age spots so overall a great buy for $5. 



Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: