Sunday, March 24, 2024

Knife sharpening and Goodwill run

I know I should learn to sharpen my own knives. Someday I will but for now I've been searching for someone who I trust enough to handle my very $$$$ knives. 
Today I gave someone who posted on Nextdoor a try. For the first run I had him sharpen my everyday kitchen knife. I have to say it's very sharp but the edge doesn't look even and the tip looks like it's over sharpen. I don't think I  can trust him to sharpen my Miyabi Kaizen Damascus Chef knife.The search continues.  
While I was waiting for my knife and garden tools to be worked on, I popped on over to the  Campbell Goodwill store. It not a very good one but is was close by and I had time to kill.
Picked up: 
Sur La Table stacking bowls set - $8.69 
Nesting hen (which I should have left behind) $6.19 
Pyrex loaf pan with a lid (never knew those came with a lid) $2.59
Vintage egg dish which I think I'll use as a paint palette if I can't flip it. $3.89
Unusual Egg Plate Design  


No comments: