Monday, March 11, 2024

Donabe Clay Pot

The best part of when my family comes to visit is all the activity around the family meals. 
One of the reasons I'm not a fan of the air fryers is you don't get the great smells of a home cooked meal. 
While I was down in Carmel I picked up this cookbook. I studied up on the technique as this wasn't something my family did growing up. Since then I've been in search of a clay pot, which are very expensive. Yesterday I did a quick stop at my local Goodwill store and I found this beauty. I had to really think about if I should wait until Tuesday when there's a 20% off senior discount or pay the $12. I mean how many people even know what this clay pot is used for? The struggle was real, but I went for it. 
It's a family size so too big just for me but this type of cooking method is meant to the shared. Now I have to practice this method so when the kids come to visit for the holidays I know what I'm doing!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: