Saturday, July 23, 2011

What I love about my job

 Free physical therapy program for our seniors
One of the things that I love about my job is what we call "program development" and it's an on going process. When I first started the job one of the major goals was to get everyday of the week filled with programs for the seniors. Last week I reached that goal having full programs running Monday - Friday. The next goal is to starting filling in the evening time slots with programs for our local community. So tonight I will be doing what I call "field research". I would like to host a jazz night at the AWC serving just coffee and brownies along with jazz music. Bring in artists who play jazz on non traditional instruments, like the ukulele. Dolce Bella(my favorite chocolate spot) has a jazz and chocolate night on Saturday. I'm going to check it out and see if I can develop it something we can do down at the center.  It's a tough job but someone has to do it. :)

No comments: