Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mystery Vacation Part Two

Related Posts with ThumbnailsOn day two of our mystery vacation we drove up to Ano Nuevo State park to see the elephant seals. This is something my hubby likes to do every year so I included it in our trip.  After the hike we check into the Costanoa Lodge up the road for their  day spa package. The package includes a massage for two, dinner (2 for 1) and a discount on an over night stay. We've never had a massage before so that was fun, but for me it was a "been there done that" type of moment. I have to say the lodge is not the best place to stay if you want peace and quiet.  The walls are paper thin (the front desk will tell you that) and even if the 65 room lodge only has 10 rooms booked they will book everyone next to each other.  Around 10:00 pm I had to go down and asked to be moved to another room.  Interesting that all the rooms had some sort of damage (missing hair dryers, missing curtains, cracked sinks, running toilets) for a lodge that looks nice on the outside, it's not taken care of on the inside.  Dinner at the lodge restaurant was super good and our server/bartender Ryan was great. There were only a few people (3) in the restaurant on Monday night so I chatted him up.  Ryan was a good sport answering all my silly questions. He made me a Hornitos Tequila Jalapeno Margarita which was an interesting sweet but peppery drink.
In the morning we drove through Half Moon Bay to pick up donuts and coffee as we headed home.  I was anxious to get home to Annie and a good night sleep.

No comments: