Friday, August 27, 2010

My Dream Farm House

I got tears in my eye when I saw this table and hutch. It was like something was channeling all my dreams of what I would like in a house.  This is the size table I would want if I had a house big enough to put it in. It's one solid piece, custom made on site by a master carpenter who also did all the wood work in the house.  The floors are reclaimed 12" timber from an old factory back east.  The floor looks like it's been there for hundreds of years.   The hutch in the background (the real deal) is about eight feet wide and very old.
Related Posts with ThumbnailsCan we say OMG?  I'm also a fan of  big clocks. This coffee table is made from an antique clock face.  Not sure where is came from but it's too cool for words.
You can't have a house like this without having a too die for kitchen.  This is a kitchen you can really cook in.  The photo doesn't really give you a good idea on how big it is.  I took the photo standing in from the bar area as you enter the kitchen.  I didn't have much time to take more photos since I was getting called back for dinner at the caretaker's cottage.
The back splash is hammered metal.  There is a BBQ pit to the right of the stove.
The last shot I took before I left was one of the hand forged door handles.  I was losing my light so this was the best shot I could get.  I will post some of the interesting things I saw outside.

1 comment:

Ken Mirr said...

That’s really wonderful! Every piece of the furniture speaks of a homey and country-living feel in the rodeo. But why just dream if you can have one of your very own? You could always start planning now, so when you finally get the means to buy a property, you'd have everything all plotted out. I wish you godspeed in getting your own farmhouse! All the best!

Darren Lanphere @ Mirr Ranch Group