Sunday, January 28, 2024

Table Tent 2.0


Related Posts with ThumbnailsI made this table tent to fits over a table down in Carmel. It was one of the things for the boys when they came out to visit over the holidays. I have to say it was a major failure. Something I didn't realize was the table down at Carmel is expandable so that means there are blocks under the table for it to slide over. When the kids first tried it, they would try and stand up. Everyone would hit their heads on the sharp corners.  
The other issue was the table was needed so it wasn't the best place for the boys to play. :(
Another challenge I had after coming home was not having a space big enough to work on the PVC frame. Since I was scheduled to babysit Buzz for a few weeks,  I'd planned to work on it. While I  was here I found a pile of PVC pipes and fittings in the back 40 they didn't want any more.  The other thing is they have a huge backyard with enough space for me to spread everything out.  The first frame was way to big so I had to cut everything down. Having the space to spread out was so nice! Now I'm working on making a book shelf and chairs out with the left over pipes scraps. 

No comments: