Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Another project completed!

I know this is a rather blah picture but it was such a satisfying project to compete. 
I started volunteering at the Happy Dragon thrift store in Los Gatos. I was given the task of handling the notions department, which is one of the worse departments. Just imagine getting someone's junk drawer of crafting and sewing items. The price point is very low so I'm tagging hundreds of  things for .25 which can take hours to do. I took it as a challenge to get the department cleaned up and have a high sell through rate. By selling fast that means I have more  retail space so I can process faster.  OK so that part of my plan has gone very well and my area is almost empty most of the time, which is a good thing. 
In the back room I share a space with another volunteer who handles the fabric. She's been volunteering for awhile so I have to tread very lightly when making changes to our shared space. She's always looking for something because there really was no rhythm or reason where anything is. Part of the problem is when fabric or notions donations come in, everything is just dump in our space. Since we don't volunteer everyday things can pile up.
I just couldn't handle the dirty table, always looking for a working pen or the hole punch (I found three) anymore. It took me an hour to sort and clean up everything. 
Now we just have to see how long it stays organized. :)  

No comments: