Friday, January 12, 2024

Start of my first scrapbook project in years!


Related Posts with ThumbnailsNow that the big family vacation is over, I was thinking of doing a small scrapbook for the boys. I wanted to include recipes of all the home made meals we had. My daughter had a great time looking up recipes, which was mainly salads since fresh produce was so easy to get here. Guess not so much in Holland. I had thoughts of making a digital one but then I remembered all the scrapbooking supplies I still have even after all the downsizing of done.
While I was babysitting Romeo I saw this cookbook on the counter. His owner isn't much of a cook but it looks like she collects cookbooks from her many travels. The crossroads came together to inspire me.  It's really not much of a cookbook, more a family travel journal. The author added family photos and her own watercolor drawings to the book which gave it a very nice feel. The recipes are very basic (nothing fancy or new) but I think it was more to inspire you to make what's local to the area. California has a lot of offer no matter where you go!
The book is $40.00, which if you know me I not going to pay that much and it's too new for me to thrift.  Then the light bulb went on and I checked it out of the library. I'm going try a few recipes out as I tackle the Eatatani scrapbook. 

No comments: