Saturday, December 9, 2023

Power Thrifting Christmas Tree

I wasn't planning a doing a Christmas tree because the boys are just to wild and I know things will get broken. 
My daughter really wanted one, so we picked up a tiny one at Whole Foods. Yes, I know a weird place to get a tree but it was a noble fir and had came with a stand. It would have been fun if we could have taken the boys to cut one down but that was more than my bandwidth could handle. 
So being down here in Carmel I didn't have my Christmas ornaments or lights. 
I made a quick stop at all the the private thrift stores, because I wasn't going to pay full retail know I had tons back home. The only store that had anything was "Branches" in Monterey. I scored a vintage tree topper(blinks on and off), multi color mini lights and vintage ornaments. I looked really hard for ornaments that wouldn't break and only found one bag. I did pick up some small glass balls hoping the boys wouldn't try and play with them, but that was wishful thinking. A few have already been broken and the tree was almost pulled over this morning. I think it's worse than having a cat!
Everything for the tree was less than $20, which I think is a good deal for something I wasn't planning on!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: