Sunday, December 31, 2023

End of vacation purge

I'm sure all of you know when you're at the end of your vacation and you have all this food left in the refrigerator! We were pretty good at getting things eaten up but you always end up with a half of bottle of something. We sent home what we could with my family and ate leftovers for the last few days. 
While I was here in Carmel I found dried gluten free ramen style noodles at Costco. At first I wasn't a fan because it doesn't come with any type of sauce. 
I had to gather up all the ingredients to make a soup base.  Miso broth from Trader Joe's and then added whatever Japanese spices I have handy. I think it turned out pretty good. During the refrigerator clean out there was some smoked turkey and green onion left. That made a very nice topping to my mid day meal. 
My daughter was really into making  fancy specialty salads since here getting the greens here are so easy. She made what my niece called "extra fancy" restaurant salads that even die hard non salad eaters liked. :) 
Lost count of how many onions I found cut up, almost empty fancy olives, goat cheese and beets. During the last few days we had some epic salads for dinner!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: