Thursday, December 14, 2023

Flatfish Art

I've been hanging out at the Monterey Bay Aquarium a lot this month since the grandkids are in town. They have a membership and it's nice to just pop in for a few hours, which is all the boys can handle. We visit just a few areas and give the boys time to just explore. 
This week we had front row seats to the feeding at the kelp forest and then we went over to the flatfish fish exhibits. Of  course I just loved this bronze flatfish that was next to one of the interactive exhibit for kids. 
Years ago when I thought I would be moving down here to open a store (flatfish paper arts) I envisioned a large (California size) metal flatfish set into the floor.  


Related Posts with Thumbnails

1 comment:

Niki said...

Glad you are enjoying your family visit.

We stopped at the Monterey Bay Aquarium around October 20. It is very impressive, lots of wonderfully informative exhibits. We enjoyed it.