Thursday, December 21, 2023

Farmer's Market - Carmel

There's a farmer's market in downtown Carmel every Thursday. Not having a car here when my daughter drives into San Francisco, I decided to walk into in town. At this farmer's market there is a fish monger who has this great shrimp with salsa sauce. One of my favorites! Just enough spiciness to make it tasty but doesn't make you sweat! This was my breakfast this morning. :) 
I also picked up some fresh salmon, which cost a fortune but having my family here, it's a splurged for the holidays. I also picked up some dried apricots and dried fruit. I learned the difference between slab and regular apricots. 
Slab = are apricots that have fallen off the tree because they were very ripe. Take a little longer to pick up, cut and get on the trays. Hopefully washed. 
Regular = hand cut and dried on trays. 
Taste wise there isn't a big difference but I do think slab apricots are sweeter but I'm a dried apricot fan.  Having grown up on a farm, fruit that hits the ground isn't always very clean so I went with the regular, just saying.  This purchase also cost a fortune but it was a local farmer (Hollister) and part of the sale was going to a scholarship for a high school student who will be the first in his family to go to college.  So yes I did buy a little more than I would have normally.  :) 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: