Monday, November 29, 2021

Dutch Door Donuts

It's always fun to find something new and interesting. Last night I went for a walk into town to see the Christmas lights, one of my favorite things to do while here in Carmel. I walk through the little outdoor mall they have in town because they do a really good job making it festive. I saw this new donut shop and googled what it was all about. I wasn't sure if they made the donuts or had them trucked in, as many places do. Well, it's a to order place, the donuts are made while you wait. I went this morning and it took 20 minutes because they had to finish proofing to dough. It wasn't busy, so I can only guess they didn't think they would get so many people getting one of everything this morning. I'm not a donut person and with my gluten issues, I took one of the team. I took a bite of each donut while still hot.  Having them right out of the fryer, they're a little greasy but really a warm donut is pretty good. The truffle and gouda cheese one was just weird. 
Hopefully when the kids come back down they're make a stop at the new store. 
Side note - I would never walk into town in Alameda as it has turned into a war zone but I felt perfectly safe here in Carmel, even without Annie. Walking into town was never her favorite thing to do and she would walk really really slow. The minute I turned around to go home she would happily trot home. Really miss her!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: