Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Can't always believe Google

Sadly the cameras from the 1970's are very expensive to repair (google doesn't tell you that) so have very little value. I had the comps done and the report back was that they're  good for a thrift store because we can sell them "as is" but there is no real value. I did do a quick google search (as many people do) but the prices don't really reflect what they could be sold for. It does make a nice display but I will switch them out as soon as another group of things come in. 
Getting the comps on things I think are $$$ is something I learned from Madison my consignment person. Since she deals with high end goods, she does get everything authenticated and sometimes things we think are fake turn out not to be. There was a pair of Parada shoes that I was sure was a fake by the feel and look, but it came back as the real thing so you never know. 
I know people are collecting the lens so I hope the word gets out we have them!

No comments: