I get asked all the time at the store about the value of vintage items from customers. Most of the time they've already Goggled it and want to sell it for the highest price they found. I really hate to tell them the hard part is finding a buyer. Of course they don't want to do the leg work it takes to sell something online or even in person.
Last week a man came in with a baggie of vintage uranium glass. Yes, he had four pieces in a baggie. He wanted to know if it was worth anything. It was an usual pattern (clover pattern) and glowed green. It was his late wife's collection. I had a lot of questions about it, only because it was a pattern I've never seen before.
1) How big was the set?
2) Did he have the serving pieces?
3) Willing to sell things individually?
4) Condition of the pieces?
It turns out it was only the four (salt shaker, sugar, creamer and a chipped wine glass) that were in the baggie. The rest of the dishes were broken when they moved to California. As a thank you, he gave me the sugar and creamer. He kept the salt shaker just as a memento of his wife's family collection.
The next day he dropped of this cow and I'm guessing it was a thank you to Tami for helping him out. We all know I collect brown spotted cows so it came home with me. Now I'm very curious what else his wife collected!

No comments:
Post a Comment