Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Babysitting the old boys



Boys enjoying the great weather
Related Posts with ThumbnailsI'm dog sitting these two old guys for the week. It's surprising how old habits from own a big dog come back. Going to the bathroom and having everyone follow you in, like you may get lost. Laying in the middle of the kitchen while you're cooking and having to step over them. Getting up before sunrise to open the door for them to go potty and get their breakfast going. Being senior dogs, I have to be careful not to over exercise them as much as Woody would like to play fetch. His old bones just can't take it anymore. 
When Annie passed away, I noticed that I didn't have any more birds in my gardens. A bird vet tech told me it was because their protector wasn't there anymore. This morning I realized when Woody is out in the backyard all the big birds (mainly crows) aren't hanging around the feeders keeping the smaller birds away. Even with him barking, the little birds don't care, they happily peck away.  Brings back memories for my Annie just chilling out in our zen garden with all these little birds jumping all around her. 
So I may have all my stuff in my new place but there's still a whole lot of unpacking to be done! Still looks like a storage unit. I stop by my place for a few hours trying to get things out of the cardboard boxes but I don't like leaving the boys for too long.

No comments: