Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Slim Pickings in Carmel

seriously $50?
It's been slim picking here in Carmel. I know at the high end thrift stores the price will be high because they curate everything that comes in. They also have a customer base to support their prices. Things are clean and in good condition plus in a very nice area.  
What I don't understand is the thrift stores in very sketchy areas (really have to be sure you want to get out of car) that are charging full antique store prices. Just because it's listed online for $50 doesn't mean it will sell for that much. The chances of you getting that one collector in who will pay that price is pretty slim. The traffic you get into your store is very slow. I did a quick search on the cookie jar and sure enough it was for sale online for $50. Going for all the money and having a slow sell through rate isn't always the best options. The only time I find something to flip, is something you can't easily find online. I did pay up for this frog ashtray ($10) because I thought it was funny but I should be able to flip it for $20. Can't find it anywhere online which is the only reason it wasn't double the price. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: