Monday, June 20, 2011

Grandpa's New Pet - Jerome Slider

Related Posts with ThumbnailsLast week hubby came home all excited about what he found. He ran up to show me a bucket with a huge slider turtle in it. Now after raising kids who are very outdoorsy, I'm use to being shown live critters in containers. Hubby said it was a birthday present for my Dad's 91th birthday. Many years ago,my folks rescued a turtle named Cherry. So my Dad has fond memories of turtles. 
Jerome Slider (my daughter named him) lived in our extra bathtub and at the time we didn't know he need a full tub of water to eat.  Poor guy was landed locked until this Sunday. No one wanted to release him in my Dad's backyard, so I took the bull by the horns and plucked him out of his bucket and sat him next to the fish pond. It must have only been minutes after I left he jumped into the pond, where he stayed for the rest of the day. Dad's happy to have a pet, Jerome is happy to be back in water,I'm happy to have my bathtub back - it's a good day. :)

No comments: