Thursday, August 20, 2026

Life of a reseller

I dragged these out of a rat infested crawl space with high hopes I would also find a Santa. A Santa would sell better even with damage.
It was very hot and dusty with a whole lot of rat activity everywhere. Blow molds can't handle extreme heat. They become very brittle and will break just looking at them. Knowing I would have to wash and disinfect these I had to pass. Getting them out into the daylight, I knew I wouldn't be able to clean them without them falling apart.  It was also very sad to see all the boxed Christmas village sets in the crawl space heading off to the dump. The boxes looked in good condition (no chewed corners) but again with all the rat poop there was going to be a lot rat pee on everything. Right after this I had to go home to shower and wash not only my clothes but my shoes too!

No comments: