Sunday, August 2, 2026

LIfe of a reseller

Buying and selling up here in Incline Village is very different. Most of the big homes are vacation homes. When it's time to sell or remodel people basically give everything away or ask a crazy amount.  My son isn't one to spend any money on furniture, so if I want something a little more comfortable or nicer while I'm here, I have to source it myself. Plus I have a car big enough to pick up everything.  It's also been helpful that my SIL is here to help with the heavy lifting and getting everything up stairs, I've been looking for a side table all month but just missing out on all the ones that were the perfect size for the space. You have to be quick when things are listed for free, like within minutes of them being posted.  With only a few more days here, I went with this one. It's little bit too wide for the space but still a nice cabinet. A lot more storage for the kitchen equipment that rarely gets used. He wasn't too happy about it but when he went to pick it up, the seller threw in a set of wooden TV trays. This was something my son wanted so he said it was worth the trip. :) 

No comments: