I did a little running around today looking for a beach ball. I want to make a giant eye ball for Halloween but it's not the season for beach stuff. I got lucky at Michael's and found some at 70% off! It's not as big as I wanted but it was all I could find.
When I got home I decided I really had to give the bleach printing a try. I have all the parts so there is no excuse. My first attempt didn't go well. That the first picture. So with trial and error this is what I learned.
1) I used a 50/50 mix of water and bleach. Lined the inside of the shirts with cardboard to keep the bleach from leaking to the other side.
2) Remove the lace as soon as your done spraying the beach on.
3) Go lightly and don't over spray and soak the garment.
4) Let it sit for 5-10 minutes or until you get the look you want. The black shirt took the bleach super fast. The denim shirt took a little longer.
5) I threw everything (including the lace table cloth) in the washing machine and used the quick wash cycle. It was super hot today so I just hung everything up to dry.
I'm going to keep experimenting on the denim shirt and see how far I can go until it falls apart. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment