Sunday, February 25, 2024

Risky Buy at Goodwill

It's always risky buying anything at Goodwill (really any thrift store) that has a lot of parts. I know my grandson Mees would love this as he likes to work on projects with his dad. 
I've picked up a few of these sets before only to find out they were missing parts. I had to really think hard if I wanted to spend $8 only to find out Mees wouldn't be able to compete the projects. 
I finally was able to count all the parts  this morning and happy to report, I got luck with this one!
Another thing they said not to buy at Goodwill is puzzles, which for the most part is true. I'm amazed at how many people open the boxes and then don't close them back up. What I do is shake the box and if it sounds like the puzzle is in a bag then it's a good chance all the pieces are there. I also find the high end thrift stores like Happy Dragon, the puzzles are compete. People who donate will make note on the box a piece is missing so those puzzles don't make it out on to the floor. 
A Ravensburger puzzle 
(who I think makes the best puzzles) 
I picked up at Happy Dragon 
I also like  500 piece Dowdle puzzles. 
The package also make it easy to transport 
them to my various dog sitting gigs. 


No comments: