Thursday, July 6, 2023

River Snail Noodles

When I go into the Asian markets around here, I try and pick up one thing I haven't eaten before. I was going to try a new mushroom soup recipes that calls for all the different kinds of mushrooms you can find.  That's no problem at an Asian grocery store. 
I went down the noodle aisle, yes there is one whole aisle of just noodles. This colorful packaging caught my eye. Thinking that River Snail was just a brand name or bad translation, I thought I would give it a try after checking is was gluten free. When I got home I looked how to make it and found out its claim to fame is the terrible smell. You would think it's the snails (yes it's made with real river snails) but it's the fermented vegetables. I'm just a little nervous if I want to stink up my place for just a bowl of noodle. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: