Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Gnome at home vs elf on the shelf

Working on another creative project for when my grandsons come to visit this fall. It's my take on elf on a shelf but my version will be "gnome at home". It goes along with the mushroom theme panel for the table tent I still have to sew. 
With all the huge oak trees down at the Carmel house, I thought it would be fun to make some interactive gnome houses. I found some bird houses at Joanne's fabric which looks like the ones my dad use to make so that was a happy score.  Having a door that opens, it part of the plan.  It was a little bit of a challenge finding someone who could do it since I don't have any saws small enough.
Tami (the owner) at Cottage Crafts was up for it (true crafter) and looks like she can even hinge the doors. 
The plan is for the boys to leave something for the gnome everyday and the gnome will be leave something for them in return.

No comments: