Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Doodling and book binding

A favorite YT artist I follow,  "the Frugal Crafter" announced a week trip to France. Spend the whole time watercoloring at a villa made just for artists. For a brief moment I thought about how fun it would be to go but then I remembered I don't really know how to paint. Ok, I can do a great Jackson Pollack but then anyone can paint in his style. :) I really have to get my skill level up to at least know how to mix color and use my brushes. 
I've been trying to sell this Zutter book binding machine that came from my friend's stash with no success. A few flakes online wanted it but never followed through in buying it. One of the down sides to selling on Facebook market place. After looking (and tripping over) at this Zutter machine for months, I decided I would bind up some watercolor paper for world watercolor month which is this month.  The books fit nicely in the huge tub of watercolor paints and maybe with the books ready to go, I'll actually paint something. I really enjoy the book binding process so I know I'll be making more. 
Last night at Buzz's house we binged watch "Chopped" season 3. I started practicing doodling (Sandy Allnock has great YT videos on this) to help get me in the creative mood. I've started with a fine tip sharpie but I hope to move up to a fountain pen. I have dozens of fountain pens I've collected over the years so it would be nice to at least use of few of them at least once!

No comments: