Monday, October 31, 2022

Pyrex score twice in one week!

Last week at Savers I scored four pink pyrex bowls. I just happened to be standing where the carts stopped before being put out on the shelves. I wasn't being a shark either! I got the flamingo (plain pink, shown in the photo) and the daisy pattern (already sold one) which is also pink. Rarely will you find the tops with the bottoms, so it's pretty hard to find the tops. Anyone who deals in pyrex is always looking for those. 
There is a Salvation Army store close to my storage unit down in Gilroy. It's on the very edge of town so doesn't get much traffic. Which also means they don't get any of the good stuff either. I had some donations riding around in the back of my car, so I stopped by. 
The Salvation Army stores around here aren't very good, so I don't go out of my way to shop there. This store is so far off the beaten path that the donation drop off guys where very happy to see me. I think I was the first and maybe only person they would see all day! 
Since I was there I went in but didn't think I would find anything.  I really don't like the layout of this store as all the houseware are on rounds and not in straight aisles. No way to speed to shop and very hard to see everything.
I was super surprised to find two pyrex lids (the only ones there) in the sizes I needed. From the date stamps they were just put out It was a unicorn moment for sure. Finding the lids means I can triple my price on my pyrex bowls. What a score!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: