Sunday, October 30, 2022

Found a sterling silver piece

As a picker (reseller) I always go into a thrift store will high hopes of finding something great!Related Posts with Thumbnails Sometimes I even get a cart thinking I may be able to fill it up but most of the time I leave empty handed. There are some Goodwill stores that I've never found anything. These are stores where you won't find any pickers hanging around. Where does the good stuff go at these stores? On Tuesdays it's senior discount day and at Savers that's 30%, which means the store is packed with sharks. That is what I call pickers who stand around the back door waiting for the carts to come out so they can jump on the new stuff first. It's like Black Friday every Tuesday and it's that crazy. 
I had to drop off a couple of boxes of donations (rubber stamps that I can't sell off on WhatNot) at the Goodwill store on my way home. Yesterday I got lucky and found this vase on a fresh cart (hadn't been put on the shelf yet) with a sterling silver .925  mark on the base. I was a little surprised the back room missed the marking. Now I just have to decide if I should sell it as is or scrap it for the silver value. What would you do?

No comments: