Saturday, September 26, 2026

Auction Week

It's auction week and here are a few things I looked at. If there's something I'm interested in, I take a picture. Then when I get home I check what the opening bid will be. If it's too high, it gets crossed off my list. What I'm now in search of is a large vintage work table. There was only one table that was a maybe but is also has six gothic looking chairs that I would have a hard time getting rid of.
At last month auction, I thought this hutch was interesting. Thinking that it would sell for more than I wanted to pay, it didn't make my list. It sold for $30, which totally shocked me! Today I saw it was still there which was odd. Then I checked the catalog and it had been "withdrawn" from the auction. I can only guess the seller wasn't too happy with the sale price. I also think the auctioneer made a mistake and didn't see the bid was way below the seller's opening bid requirement. The auctioneer has to keep track of several things on each item, so it's understandable that mistakes are made. Still a very nice hutch and if I had room for it, it would come home with me.

 

No comments: