Sunday, March 26, 2023

Auction Week

This weekend was auction week, my favorite time of the month!
This is a great example of things that don't hold their value regardless of what people think. This whole set sold for less than $50.00. I think it was a 12 piece set with all the serving pieces. The only things worth any resell value is the serving pieces because there weren't as many as made. Maybe one day it will come back into vogue again and be collectable. 
It's been tough sourcing things to sell for my WhatNot auction, especially having to stop at all the thrift stores everyday to hopes of finding just one thing. Buying at the big auction houses is the only way I can source inventory in bulk. My life seems to be packing and unpacking boxes! I'm going to process everything on Tuesday and do a show on Wednesday and Thursday. I did manage to buy so very cool glass pieces that glow green, which is slowing starting to becoming my niche. Will post pictures once I get things unwrapped and photographed. 

No comments: