Sunday, September 2, 2018

Tile Back Ground Hacks

When I watch my favorite craft bloggers, they always have nice backgrounds for their cards. During one of Tim Holtz's video set ups, he showed his background to be a piece of laminate floor that looks like planks of wood. So for me the light bulb went on and I started my search for a good back drop. I volunteer at FabMo every month and they get in all sorts of cool stuff. I rummaged around the tile section and found this square mosaic tile. It's has a flat finish, so doesn't reflect any light, and has an interesting design. Going to give this a try on my next photo shoot. 
Marble Craft Mat. Large shell I use to hold misc bits. 
While I was looking for background tile, I found this large 24"X12"marble tile, sort of reminded me of the Tim Holtz glass craft mat that's all the rage right now. I had decided not to get the Tim Holtz mat since I don't really have the space for it and I'd rather spend my stamping money on something else. The surface is easy to clean, the price was right and makes a nice backdrop for photos. Guess this is my semi hack of Tim's mat. :)

No comments: