Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Iceland Trip 2017

Back from my trip to Iceland, so there will be several posts about my travels there. 

One of the things I wanted to do was ride an Icelandic horse. Susan Eckert, the owner of Adventure Women Travels was a big fan. I always wanted to take one of her trips to Iceland but I wasn't experienced enough to go with all the horse women. Her trips there were centered around horseback riding as as she was an avid rider and owned two Icelandic horses here in the states. Susan passes away this year, so in her memory I gave it try. 
My horse Oden was a slow and steady guy but my daughter's horse Tree Bark (Icelandic name too hard to pronounce) was a feisty one. He always wanted to be next to the guide horse so my daughter was always at the head of the line. Beautiful waterfalls everywhere and the water being glacier fed, was safe to drink straight from the source. Saw a few big geysers (only Icelandic word to make it into main stream English) which was impressive.  

No comments: