Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Dealing with Stress

When things get stressful for me, I turn to my garden. Last week my credit card number was stolen, so I had to call to cancel my card and get a new one reissued. That process wasn't all that bad but getting my new card in time for my upcoming trip to Iceland this week, is causing a few gray hairs. Now I understand why my Dad always went out to his garden after work to water. Something very meditative about doing that. 
I also have two homes in the outlining area of Houston Texas. At this point I have no idea if any damage was done or more importantly if my tenants are OK. There hasn't been any response from my property managers, but I'm sure there are more pressing issues they have to deal with.  
So I walk out to my garden and water the plants that I started from seed or little seedlings. Water the Japanese maple trees that came from my father garden to help remind me to be thankful for what I do have. 

No comments: