Tuesday, May 3, 2016

FABMO - Totes

Related Posts with ThumbnailsI volunteer at FABMO almost every week in some way. I've been working on making tote bags for the homeless. We make the totes a little bigger with outdoor fabric samples with extra long handles. The outdoor fabric isn't very popular with the crafters so there is always plenty to sew with. As the homeless line up at the food banks, many only have black plastic trash bags to carry their things in. The fabric totes are much stronger and easier to carry things in. 
My sewing skills are very rusty so I've been able to practice getting into the groove of things while helping out someone in need. The fabric samples are small, so I have to piece together the squares (can't really call it quilting, because my corners never match up) to get enough yardage to make a tote. 

No comments: