Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Simple Cards - July 2015

 Last night was a marathon of card designing and prepping. I usually don't wait until the last minute to put my card kits together for my class down here at the Senior Center. I had my stretches done and sort of knew what I was going to do.  I decided  to have "Witches of East End" season 2 playing in the background for little noise. So I was all set.
The cards have to be simple enough to do in an hour. The wreath card took over 2 hours  to prep because the die wasn't cutting right. I used every trick in the book to make it work (wax paper, dryer sheets, shims) but only 1 out of 5 cut cleanly. 
I started at 5:30 and finished everything at 11:30. My reward was to be able to clean up the kitchen (really bugs me to have a sink full of dirty dishes) which I wasn't letting distract me from my card prep. 
Annie of course missed her evening walk but she did get to go out and bark at something that was to close to the property line for several minutes which always makes her happy.
For Obon 2015
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: