Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sad Day at the Auction House

Related Posts with ThumbnailsToday was a sad day at the auction house.  I'm always on the look out for printer's cabinets.  When I first saw the cabinet (over a year ago) it was in mint condition.  Someone bid on it but never picked it up. They didn't pay for it either so I guess they didn't feel the need to come get it.   The auction house moved it outside and forgot about it.  It's been sitting outside getting rained on and sun damage.  I spotted it under some torn tarps during the preview and asked why it was outside. I made an offer on it so I could bring it home to see how bad it really is.  I hope to be able to save most of it but if I can't I will sell off the drawers.  People have asked why they can't find whole cabinets like the ones I have in my studio.  Well this is why.

No comments: