Saturday, February 6, 2010

New family member - Annie

It's been several years since we've had a dog.  It's very hard to find a dog in our area that isn't a pit bull or chihuahua. Guess those people don't get their dogs fixed.  So for the past year I've been looking into getting a dog, but large mix breed puppies are hard to find. I also wanted a puppy that was with it's mother in a home setting but not a backyard breeder.  A very tough combination as well. .  I finally got my wish and found Annie.  She is a pure bred German Shepherd by accident.  Annie's mom (papered GS) lives way up in the East hills (it was the last ranch on top of very high hill) in a huge estate home. This place is gated like Fort Knox, so the owners thought their dog was safe.  They didn't know about the ranch manager's male GS in the back forty. :)  So on December 19, seven GS puppies were born.  It's not important to me that Annie is purebred, I just wanted a GS type of dog.  I'm now in for weeks of sleepless nights while I train Annie to sleep in her crate and go potty outside.  I named her Annie because tomorrow is our 29th wedding anniversary.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is so sweet!!! I love German Shepherds too = my aunt & uncle used to raise them when I was yonger.
The name is adorable too = happy anniversary!
How's Purrcy warming up to her?

Unknown said...

She's **adorable**! Congratulations on your newest family member.

Lisa said...

Purrcy will only come in at night and sleep looking at the door. We haven't had any contact yet.