Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Beef Bone

I know that Annie will start chewing everything in sight so while I was at the store today picking up a pot roast (just love the smell of cooking pot roast) I remembered that you can get beef bones for dogs.  Beef bone marrow is a big trendy food dish (haven't had it myself yet) so they now charge for what they use to throw away.  I cooked up a few and gave one to Annie.  She was so excited she didn't know what to do with it.  She didn't want me anywhere near it so I had to hurry to get a photo.  I've always trained my dogs not to have food issues so I also had to work with her not to snap at my hand when I took the bone away.  After 30 minutes of chewing, she is sound asleep.

2 comments:

carrie said...

Your puppy is sooo.... cute! She has the cutest expression. She is going to get quite large with those big paws she has. Will look forward to watching her pictures as she grows. That bone looks like the perfect reason to dig a hole so she can bury it. And when are you going to get another kitten to grow up with her?

Unknown said...

Annie is *darling!* I just want to snuggle and snuggle her!

My dog loved the very stale, very hard "doggie bagels" from the farmer's market.

Reportedly, white chew hooves don't contribute to stinky breath, but I haven't done any scientific studies.

Does she like chewing ice cubes yet? The cold and crunch are often a hit.