Saturday, February 20, 2010

Baby Shower

There have been a lot of babies born to my family in the last year.  Today is the baby shower for my nephew (really a second cousin but just like a nephew) and his wife.  It's their first baby and the first great grandchild for my Aunt who has been waiting a long time for one.  My Dad has 10 (at last count) with 4 of them being born within two months of each other.  I wanted to do a homemade type of gift, so I made a set of baby thank you cards, found a pair of  hand crochet boots (they are way to big for a new born, but too funny to pass up) and hemmed some tiger print flannel blankets. Since it's the year of the tiger, there was a run a children's tiger print fabric.  I was lucky enough to get the last 2 yards the store had in stock.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Great gift. The tiger sheets are very cute!