Sunday, September 24, 2023

Up cycled a new sign

I've been volunteering at the Happy Dragon and as the new volunteer I was given one of the worse departments to handle. Notions is a mishmash of small stuff. I didn't take these type of things in at the Thrifty Kitty because the amount of time it takes to process someone's junk drawer.  Most thrift stores don't handle this stuff either. 
Anyways I took the assignment to prove that with the right pricing, organizing and displays it would increase the sell thru rate. By increasing the sell thru rate there won't be a back log which also means we would have new inventory out all the time. 
We did a major clean up at the store and I finally got to move fixtures around. My little corner looks great and much easier to see everything. There's a lot of empty bins, so that means things are selling fast. By having empty bins means I can process everything as it comes in so there's no back log waiting for space to open up. Notions will never be a big money maker but I have to say there are a lot of sales everyday. If that's enough to bring in people more often, then it's a win for the whole store. 
Ok so the long rant is over and now to explain the photo. My little notions corner is the only space that still has slant wall. It goes all the way up to the ceiling. I've been wanting to put up some artwork but it would scare the other volunteers about having to get it down if someone wanted it. I pulled this canvas out of the go away bins. The store has two huge bins that Goodwill and Hope pick up every week. I decided to make a sign for my area about what you may find there. I think calling it 'notions" is a little old school and a little vague. 
It was also my first time using Mod Podge which I also got out of the bins. :)


No comments: