Thursday, September 21, 2023

Found an old fashion thrift store in Monterey!

While I was down in Carmel this week, I finally got to visit a thrift store I've never been to before. "Branches" is part of the local Monterey Catholic school, Saint Something.  It's taken close to 2 years for me to get there when they're open. Timing was never right.
It was a very nice surprise to find a thrift store that was clean, well organized and price like an old fashion thrift store. They didn't have anything over the top valuable so I'm guessing they don't get the good stuff like the better know thrift stores in the area do.  I picked up this picture that used mulberry paper to make the iris. Being a paper crafter I had to pick it up for only $5. I know if that was at the HD it would have been at least $20.  The metal frame was scratched up a little and it was very dusty but it cleaned up very well. I was impressed with this store and the only thing that would have made it better was more lighting. I plan to stop by every time I'm in town from now on!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: