Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Family Tomato Salad

One of my favorite things is making my family's version of caprese salad. Since I grew up on a farm, eating vine ripe tomatoes that are still warm from the sun is really all I knew for many, many years.  The tomato plants here at Buzz's house are on their last leg, so there's only a short window of time to make this. Tomatoes from the store just aren't the same so I was lucky that Buzz's family had all the makings on hand. Fresh basil, mozzarella cheese and Italian spices. Growing up in California and living on a farm, I never ate a lot of canned or processed foods. It wasn't something I realized until I became an adult on how healthy our meals really were. Mom of course was a great cook. Nothing was ever over the top but everything was made from scratch and fresh from the fields.  
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: