Thursday, May 11, 2023

Saying goodbye

It was a very bitter sweet day yesterday as I sold two printer's cabinets. It's pretty amazing that I sold two in one day. 
The first one sold was for a friend and it was a small one (sorry no picture) that I had at Cottage Crafts. A young gal who makes jewelry was buying it to store all her beads. I told her about my full size one that is on display at the "Stitch It Up" needlepoint store down in Morgan Hill. I called the store to let them know someone was going to be popping in to take a look at the cabinet. The store has been using it as a display piece and it does look very nice there.  When the owner found out I was going to sell it, she made me an offer. I'm much happier it staying at the store, at least I can visit it once in while. :)
I have a lot of fond memories of that cabinet and it served me well for almost 30 years. I think back on all the late nights I would be crafting and just be able to turn around and grab whatever I needed out of the many drawers. How my cat Mr Purrcy would love to sit under the lights on top of the cabinet while I worked.  
I've known for many years I would have to let it go. I could have gutted it and sold each drawer separately but I just couldn't bring myself to do that. I hope it continues to have a very long life intact. 

Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: