Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Beef jerky

I have a really big dehydrator (gift from my kids years ago) that I used all the time making Annie's favorite snacks. The only down side are the trays, which are very large. It's hard to wash everything if you don't have a big open sink. 
The Buzz's house is very large (plenty of counter space) and has one of those farm style sinks so washing up everything is very quick and easy. I made beef jerky yesterday because it only takes a few hours to dry and Buzz just loves them.  I tried a new marinade recipe on found online, which was just ok.  I was looking for a recipe that wasn't as salty as the bottled teriyaki one I used before but this recipe lacked favor. Buzz of course doesn't care, he just likes snacks! I also used a different cut of meat the recipe suggested (not as $$$ as flank steak) and overall you can't really tell the difference, so that was a win.  I just have to get better at cutting the meat into nice thin slices. I did like the thicker ones better so if it was just for me, that is how I would make them but for Buzz, thinner is better.
I'm still on the hunt for a good flavorful, not salty beef jerky marinade. 

No comments: