Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Bamboo project

For the past week I've be working every morning pulling out an over grown grove of bamboo that took over what I can only guess was a chicken coop in my backyard.  Yes, I took out the chicken coop because all the wood was rotted out. Before you freak out that I destroy something pretty, bamboo is very invasive and this one has been left unchecked for decades. I'm sure it came from the neighbor's yard next door. That home was the original property of a large plant nursery back in the day. The back yard is huge, 3X the size of all the other homes around here but the new owners have let it go wild = they do nothing to maintain it. I'm sure the bamboo just out grew it's original containers and did what it does best and spread. 
The plan is to rip all of it out and get the area cleaned up. As the bamboo comes back, because it will, I can manage it and have it grow where I want it to. I would like to have a water feature in the corner but it's too shady to solar which is really my only option. I know at some point I'll find something at one of the big auction houses to finish off the space. 
I have been saving all the bamboo poles I pulled out and now make trellis and teepees for my garden in the front so I did recycle what I could. 

Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: